Monday, 30 December 2013

End Of Year

Plaids have been very very big this year and I thought it would be the perfect post to end the year by recapping the year's biggest pattern craze. Plaids or tartan is particularly associated with Scotland because of their scottish kilts but mainly known as a signature pattern to some of the styles from the punk movement. I have been seeing plaids everywhere from Zara to Topshop and I know it's about to die down soon but it has got to be one of the trends that I sincerely love to play around with this year.

The problem with living here in Indonesia or any other country that's pretty much 24/7 covered in heat is the crazy temperature change in between the outdoors and the indoors. What I love about this crazy temperature combination is that I could sort of add or take out pieces from my outfit to suit my day's whereabouts.

To me, a leather vest is very versatile and can be easily paired with anything that I have in my wardrobe. I could just add any coloured or patterned shirt underneath and 'bam!', it's a leather jacket with contrast sleeves. And if I'm outdoors I could just tie the shirt on my waist and that'll automatically give me some extra breeze to keep me chilled for a little bit.

It is the 30th of January and pretty much just less than 36 hours away from the new years, how exciting! I would like to say my biggest thank you to every single one of you that has continued the support and love towards my blog. Without you guys I wouldn't have achieved this much, so really, thank you so so much:) And of course, Happy New Years and I will see you all in 2014! 

Much love, Amelia xx









Wearing my cropped H&M white sleeveless top, plaid shirt and high-waisted pants from Mango, leather vest from Forever 21, strapped flats from Charles and Keith, and my Vara sling bag from Salvatore Ferragamo.

11 comments:

  1. love this look~ what a cool flats and vest you have there x3
    btw happy new year and may tons of blessing come in your way this year ;;)

    cheer, michelle
    http://livedreammagic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle:) Happy new year to you too! xx

      Delete
  2. love how you make the vest looks like a jacket with plaid shirt inside <3 such a perfect combination
    Happy new year! :))

    Diary of a Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you find this helpful, happy new year! xx

      Delete
  3. found your blog! hheheh
    love the jacket so muuuuucchhhh :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool vest! happy new year to you!^^

    http://petitecovered.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fitria! Happy new year to you, too! x

      Delete
  5. your blog! love your leather vest so much! Amel, you look so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI...
    Today, i was visit this blog with the help of this Deal Org you can get many types of deals...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is your bag the medium or mini?

    ReplyDelete